To apply for this position please follow this link:
Transportation Investment Corporation’s (TI Corp) mandate is to provide procurement, delivery, and commercial oversight of assigned major capital transportation projects. Currently, TI Corp is delivering the Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project, the Broadway Subway Project, and the Kicking Horse Canyon Project – Phase 4. TI Corp is a subsidiary of the BC Transportation Finance Authority (BCTFA) and is governed by a board of directors.
TI Corp is committed to building capacity internally and, by extension, within the BC Public Service. The organization will apply robust and consistent controls and practices across the major transportation projects.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field with a few years of experience, or someone with an education and experience in project management (construction). Details on the types of responsibilities and qualifications are below.
This position can be based in either our Kelowna or Kamloops office.
- Assembling, measuring, and communicating reliable and timely project cost and schedule performance information to management.
- Developing and leading a fully-integrated project controls team, including estimating, cost control, scheduling, risk management, and records management.
- Providing subject matter expertise in project controls processes and systems.
- Preparing and maintaining a project controls management plan.
- Participation in risk management activities, including risk workshops and risk reviews.
- Managing the change management process.
- Developing and implementing quality measures within the project controls processes.
- Monthly reporting of project status and performance.
- Application of Provincial policies and procedures in the areas of estimating, cost control, risk management, reporting, and data management.
- Maintaining detailed and complete records in accordance with Provincial policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g., engineering, science, geography) and 2–4+ years related experience, or project management (preference for construction projects) and 2–4+ years related experience monitoring and controlling the scope of large projects (civil infrastructure preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and project management software/systems; PMP certification is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, MS Project, Word).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills and attention to detail.
- Project control experience in a Design-Build environment preferred.
- Successful completion of security screening will be required as a condition of employment with TI Corp.