Structa Wire Corp is a leading wire products manufacturer located in Vancouver. The company’s success has been through the development of proprietary steel products and the proprietary machines to produce and package these products. All of the company’s equipment is designed in house including all the controls and automation. There are several new innovative projects that the company is undertaking and requires an automation and control system engineer/designer to design the control systems for these projects, as well as to maintain and upgrade control systems on existing equipment. We have an exceptional team with industry-leading experience. We are a nimble and high-energy company and as a member of our skilled team you will be given hands on opportunities, responsibilities and experience that will be professionally rewarding and which you will not get anywhere else.
- Responsibility for design and programming of complete control and automation solutions for new production lines, as well as trouble shooting, servicing and debugging of software and hardware utilized in both new and existing control systems.
- Preparation of functional logic descriptions for process control and sequence of operations in conjunction with mechanical engineers and operations staff.
- Development and programming of PLC and HMI to achieve operational objectives. Some control systems may be PC based.
- Provide selection and specifications for purchase of electrical components.
- Provide wiring diagrams and panel designs for panel builders and for installation contractors.
- Application and setup of VFD and servo control systems.
- Integration of specialized hardware and software into the manufacturing systems to enhance automation, reliability, and providing user friendly interfaces for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Select and integrate hardware and software components such, material handling systems, motion controllers, various sensors types, visions systems and laser scanners, including some robot applications.
- Commission and trouble shoot startups as well as existing operations.
- Assist co-workers with electrical/programming issues.
- Evaluate new technologies to develop industry leading solutions.
- University degree or college diploma in automation or electrical engineering. Other equivalent training and background would be considered.
- 5 to 10 years experience in industrial or manufacturing environment, and minimum 5 years experience working with PLC programming and HMI.
- Proficient in industrial machine controls, electrical systems, PLC and HMI programming.
- Experience with VFD drives and servos and motion control.
- We are an Allen Bradley house. Experience with Rockwell ControlLogix, RSLogix, and Compact Logix required, as well as RSView HMI. Some experience with Omron would be helpful since some of our older systems are still Omron.
- Able to create CAD drawings for assembly and wiring control panels.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills spoken and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to the automation field, including safety protocols for controls, such as Estop protocol.
- Data integration from collection of factory floor information in the presentation of quality, inventory and production management reports utilizing HMI/PLC/PC interface platforms.
- Robot programming and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
This is a full time position and Structawire offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. We are located near downtown Vancouver and have Sky Train stations (both the Expo and Millenium lines) as well as bus service along Broadway or Clark close to our location. For those interested in driving, we have free parking available for our employees.
We understand that some applicants may not meet all the requirements as set out. But if you feel that you are close, drop us a line anyway. You may have other valuable qualifications that could be of interest and value overall.
Learn more about Structawire at www.structawire.com
Please provide your resume & covering letter
Contact: Jeff Sacks
Email: [email protected]