Closing Date: August 16, 2020
Reporting to the Superintendent of Maintenance, the Senior Engineering Supervisor Maintenance is responsible for leading the Maintenance Engineering, Planning, and Asset Management teams within the Maintenance Department. This position will also lead various projects focused on continuous improvement and collaborate closely with centralized resources to accomplish this.
The recipe for success in this role is a driven individual with strong leadership traits, a solid understanding in maintenance reliability, and planning standard methodologies. Who is meticulous in their work and supports a strong safety culture. We want someone passionate about what they do, and steadfast in pursuing the end goal. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who not only understands what is being done, but also why.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure integration and improve value;
- Identify, understand, and quantify process risks that may impact performance to safety, cost, production, and quality;
- Optimize and support employee work performance and efficiency by providing leadership, training, and development opportunities, coaching and mentoring staff, and completing evaluations;
- Investigate alternative technologies and their potential application to improve existing and future infrastructure;
- Advise the development and completion of engineering work required for advancing technologies in a timely and efficient manner, such as engineering packages, conceptual desktop level studies, and capital and operating cost evaluations and reports;
- Deliver maintenance projects with key success factors aligned to the project business case, including health and safety, environmental compliance, schedule, cost, and quality;
- Develop and support annual operating budgets, handling the 5-year planning cycle, and advancing the strategic capital business plan for Fording River;
- Integrate activity planning on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis in order to support cost management, reliability, and asset availability;
- Work closely with OEM’s to develop a reliability framework and ensure value generation through contract performance and commitments with the goal of increased asset reliability and reduced overall cost of asset ownership; and
- Support and provide insight to the RACE21 team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering;
- Minimum 9 years of proven experience;
- Ability to build and lead a highly collaborative team with a focus on delivering value and promoting the sharing of standard methodologies across operations and projects;
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with Engineers and Geoscientists BC as a P.Eng.;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Sophisticated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities;
- Experience in both Industrial Operations and Project Execution;
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work under minimal direction, and handle several priorities simultaneously; and
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.