We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
Are you a detail-oriented individual with incredible organizational skills?
Are you a natural communicator with an ability to implement business concepts to achieve efficient outcomes?
Are you a creative problem solver that sees the silver lining in any situation?
If so, look no further! We want to hear from you! We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. As part of our Burnaby Shops team, you’ll join a diverse team of employees we can’t do without!
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. Let’s rethink energy together.
As our Production Manager, you’ll be responsible for organizing and staying on top of our production environments to ensure it runs smoothly and effectively. You’ll do this by renewing our ordering system and well as organizing our shop floor to maximize efficiency. You’ll also introduce new production concepts such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and continuously improve the functionality and production of Burnaby Shop Services.
- Determine current and future operational needs, and the development and continuous improvement of design, procurement, and production quality control processes and documentation.
- Deliver high-quality production standards on time and budget.
- Manage resources using integrated resource plans.
- Meet with senior management to ensure adherence to the strategic goals of the department.
- Manage department budget and within the collective agreement.
- Evaluate the impact and efficiency of the established safety procedures, including JHAs and safe site work plans.
- Conduct incident investigations.
- Build a solid understanding of our internal processes, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Put your expertise and knowledge to work on identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Champion and promote the importance of safety.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders.
- Implement new production methods and procedures.
- Innovate with stakeholders on ordering and tracking production.
- Look for continuous improvements to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain high safety and quality standards.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with various teams
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Knowledge of production methods than include Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen.
- Understand quality systems such as ISO 9001.
- Experience with ordering systems and production tracking.
- Knowledge of welding processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of residential, commercial and industrial energy end-use market segments
- Knowledge of HVAC and related energy systems is an asset
- Efficient with Microsoft applications including MS Office suite
To view the full job description, click here.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees continue to report to the office while others work remotely. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.