Great Northern Engineering Consultants Inc. is a progressive engineering consulting company specializing in: power distribution, roadway lighting, traffic systems, and intelligent transportation systems. We have multiple offices in Western Canada.
At GNEC we believe that people are its greatest asset. We provide an environment for employees that enables them to perform to their highest potential, is respectful, and provides opportunities for their professional growth.
- Design related to utility power distribution systems, industrial distribution, or street-lighting.
- Preparing, reviewing, and marking for changes detailed site layout and electrical drawings, including: schematics, profiles, single line diagrams.
- Carry out detailed calculations to ensure that designs meet engineered standards and applicable codes.
- Project management functions including estimating, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting progress.
- Responsibilities may include supervision of junior staff and review of work by others.
- Graduate from an accredited education institute with bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 4 or more years of experience in the utility and/or transportation industry.
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or eligibility for registration is required.
- Proficiency in design tools such as: PLS-CAD, SPIDA Calc, AGi, CYME would be considered an asset.
- Experience in shallow utility and municipal infrastructure projects are desirable.
- Proficiency with drafting tools such as AutoCAD and Microstation is required.
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code – PART 1 and PART 3.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator's Licence.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of taking initiative, possess excellent communication skills, and be adept at utilizing resources and solving technical challenges.
We offer competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Email your resume outlining your qualifications and experience in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.