StoneCroft Project Engineering Ltd. (StoneCroft) is a consulting engineering firm based in Campbell River on Vancouver Island. We have provided specialist professional engineering services to the forest and resource industries since 1989, designing over 3,500 structures on resource roads throughout coastal BC. StoneCroft’s main areas of practice include design, inspection, survey, and construction engineering services on: technical resource roads and bridges, major culverts, earthworks, retaining walls, log transfer facilities, and recreational/parks access structures. StoneCroft is proud to be SAFE Certified by the BC Forest Safety Council.
Our staff are our most valuable asset, and StoneCroft places a high value on maintaining an innovative, fun, collaborative, and flexible work environment. Our location in Campbell River provides for world-class outdoor recreational opportunities combined with excellent services and amenities in a vibrant and growing city.
StoneCroft is seeking a junior to intermediate Project Engineer on a full-time permanent basis, to be a key member of our dynamic team of professional and technical staff. The successful candidate would be mentored by senior professional engineers and technologists, and responsibilities would grow with experience.
- Resource road and bridge design using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Bridge and structure inspections and load rating.
- Site surveys using a total station and RTK GPS.
- Hydrology and hydraulic analysis for structures.
- Preparing technical reports and analysis.
- Construction supervision and project management.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team of professionals, technologists, and drafters, including signing and sealing designs as Professional of Record.
This position will be based out of our Campbell River office, but will include field work in challenging terrain and inclement weather, requiring travel to remote job sites and occasionally living out in camps or hotels.
- A recognized degree in civil, forest, structural or geotechnical engineering, or equivalent education and experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- A great attitude and attention to detail is essential, as is a love of working outdoors and learning new skills in the coastal BC resource industry.
- Excellent client service, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Competency in design using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence (or approved equivalent).
- Physically fit, able and willing to safely perform field work in challenging coastal terrain and on construction sites in inclement weather.
- Minimum 3 years of experience directly related to the primary responsibilities.
- Relevant experience in the forest and resource industries, particularly on the coast of BC.
- Competitive wages commensurate with education and experience.
- A comprehensive group benefits package is provided.
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses (based on performance of the employee and the company).
- A flexible schedule with an average 40 to 45-hour work week is anticipated.
Interested applicants should respond by email, with their cover letter and resume attached in PDF or Word format to: [email protected]
Subject: Project Engineer Position
Attn: Lee Deslauriers, PEng, RPF
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We greatly appreciate all interest in this opportunity; however, only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.