AEM is expanding and has an opening for an Electrical Designer who can support the continued growth and success of the company. This is a fantastic opportunity to continue to evolve in your career!
AEM provides avionics solutions for rotary and fixed-wing aircraft. We ‘Lead By Design’. From our sunny corporate office in Kelowna, BC, we offer our products to a global marketplace. Working and living in the beautiful Okanagan offers an exceptional opportunity for work-life balance, a comfortable pace of life, and a wide range of after-work activities.
We are a forward-thinking company that believes in rewarding our staff. We offer a wide range of benefits and some unique perks, such as:
- A comprehensive benefits package (extended health, vision, dental, health care spending account) after 3-month probationary period,
- Profit sharing (paid quarterly) after 1 year of employment,
- Defined contribution pension plan (2:1 match up to 5% of your earnings) after 1 year of employment,
- Extra paid days off per year after 3-month probationary period,
- One paid vacation day earned per year (in addition to your starting amount) starting in your 2nd year of employment,
- Extensive job training with access to our tuition reimbursement program,
- Enjoyable social activities for employees several times per year,
- Employer provided lunches when we meet or exceed our targets,
- Flexible shift start times for most positions,
- Employee referral program for you to refer your network for a job at AEM,
- Yummy donuts on Fridays, and
- A whole lot more!
If you feel aligned with our Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, Leadership, Integrity, Commitment, and Continuous Improvement, you’ll fit right into our team! The Electrical Designer designs, develops, manages, and maintains AEM designs primarily for, but not limited to, embedded systems and Master Caution Panels.
- Designs and develops systems for new applications;
- Assesses and evaluates existing products for advancement and ongoing manufacturability;
- Tests, maintains, and modifies existing systems;
- Works collaboratively with design engineers, purchasers, and other internal staff to create the ideal solution for applications;
- Liaises with clients, suppliers, contractors, and relevant authorities;
- Manages projects within time and technical constrained environments;
- Understands and ensures compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards;
- Ensures proper documentation of analyses and results; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication: communicates well (written and verbal), listens effectively.
- Computer Skills: uses PC to complete electronic and mechanical designs, enter and retrieve information, learns new software quickly, uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Initiative: takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion.
- Interpersonal Skills: builds strong relationships, is flexible/adaptable, works well with others, solicits feedback.
- Problem Solving: strives to understand contributing factors, works to resolve complex situations, utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Project Management: monitors status of multiple projects simultaneously, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Quality: strives to eliminate errors, prioritizes accurate work, and attention to detail.
- Sales Skills: understands marketplace, works to meet prospect/customer needs, effective closing technique, develops and delivers effective presentations.
- Technical Skills: demonstrates ability to use software tools to prepare mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics.
We appreciate all applicants and will only contact those who have been short-listed to participate in the recruitment process.