The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading the Maintenance Team in achieving or exceeding required levels of safety, production, and quality while ensuring that the plant and physical assets are maintained to the standards required for the reliable operation of the facility. The Maintenance Manager will also be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and identifying the latest technologies in electrical and mechanical systems, equipment, and facilities.
Safety, Health, Environmental
- Monitor and ensure completion of facility inspections as outlined in the Facilities Inspection Manual.
- Act as a liaison with inspection and insurance agencies in terms of annual equipment inspections, insurance related inspections, provincial/federal mandated inspections, and regulated inspections.
- Manage the resources required to ensure that all project and capital work completed in the plant have been critically reviewed for safety and environmental considerations in order to ensure that the new equipment improves or maintains the overall safety and health of the plant.
- Provide overall direction to achieve manufacturing excellence through effective interfacing of maintenance resources with technical and operating resources.
- Provide technical expertise and practical guidance in support of site initiatives to maintain site assets and implement improvement projects for safety, cost, reliability, and productivity.
- Develop and direct the Maintenance Team in a proactive manner by fostering both individual employee contributions, development, and cooperative teamwork, motivating toward total quality performance and exercising effective communication.
- Utilize site employee development processes in order to provide effective feedback for improvement of team members.
Maintenance Initiatives/Project Management
- Manage and lead projects and the resources required to maintain or enhance plant equipment and facilities.
- Achieve or exceed specified levels of production with a small multi-skilled Maintenance Team by ensuring complete integration with other site teams.
- Ensure the efficient management and control of the stores inventory such that optimal parts and supplies inventory is maintained within plant budget targets.
- Provide overall direction and management of the Mechanical Integrity program with continuous improvement of the plant preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Assist in the preparation of shutdown work schedules and assign projects.
- Participate in preparation of the annual Prince George Plant budget and periodic forecasts by preparation of budget estimates for Maintenance areas which serve as the Maintenance plan to achieve desired productivity and cost control objectives.
- Ensure that maintenance and engineering work is cost effective and efficient through preparation of budgets, pricing/purchasing materials, and scheduling of maintenance with the Production Team aimed at minimizing production loss due to downtime.
- Initiate and implement improvement projects for cost reduction and increased process efficiency.
- Prepare Appropriation For Expenditure documents and assist others in the preparation of AFE’s.
- Maintain facility equipment records, safety inspection records, and equipment history files.
- Ensure document control within the Maintenance Team.
- Ensure that the Maintenance Team provides appropriate services, parts, and technical assistance to all internal/external customers.
- Maintain/upgrade plant facilities while working through a small multi-skilled Maintenance workforce.
- Ensure development within the team utilizing individual development plans such that team members progress through the acquisition and effective application of maintenance skills.
- Encourage and maintain a flexible, productive maintenance organization in a Shared Leadership system.
- Follow all regulatory requirements.
- Benchmark and incorporate industry best practices.
- The Maintenance Manager receives general priorities from the Plant Manager regarding operating capital and is expected to direct financial and human resources towards accomplishing objectives aligned with these priorities.
- This position has the latitude to design and install new equipment consistent with corporate policies and standards on construction and loss prevention.
- Broad latitude exists for decision making with major accountability for the maintenance function.
- Office and In Plant: Exposure to chemicals, raw materials and finished products necessary in the manufacture of hydrogen peroxide. Exposure to the elements (temperature extremes, rain, snow, etc). Heavy equipment operation. Use of Maintenance equipment. Exposure to welding fumes and dusts. Personal protective equipment is worn as required by the task or plant area.
- B.Sc. in mechanical engineering or related industrial experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a chemical manufacturing or processing facility.
- Experience in heavy industrial or chemical technical applications.
- Progressive supervisory experience in line or staff management.
- Experience in managing/leading in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, personal computer, organizational, and leadership abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of project and maintenance engineering disciplines.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
PeroxyChem is a global leader in peroxygen and adjacent chemistries. The company employs approximately 500 people throughout the world, with facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia. With an unyielding commitment to safety at its core and backed by an exceptional team, the company prides itself on exemplary customer service, product quality, reliability, and technical service. PeroxyChem manufactures high-quality products and innovative applications developed as a result of innovation and superior technical expertise. We supply customized chemistries for electronics, energy, environmental, food safety, pulp, paper, polymer, and other industrial and consumer markets. Learn more at www.peroxychem.com.
PeroxyChem Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Only applicants who are eligible to work in Canada for any employer will be considered