Give your career a lift with ARPAC, western Canada’s leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 40 years. Our expanding company has over 200 employees at our locations in Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.
ARPAC is expanding and we need your help! We are currently looking for an Intermediate Civil/ Structural Engineer for our Delta Storage Products Division. The ideal candidate is registered as a Professional Civil or Structural Engineer, complimented by prior experience in engineering of racking systems.
The Engineer position is vital to operations for our Storage Products Division. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of engineering projects. As the subject matter expert, they provide support, advice, and approvals on racking and mezzanine projects, for the Storage Products team.
- Competitive wage and benefits;
- 100% paid family extended benefits and dental premiums; and
- Extensive in-house training.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining composure and direction;
- Able to effectively multitask while maintaining a high degree of accountability;
- Must exercise a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to effectively use appropriate hand tools as required such as a torque wrench;
- A bachelor's degree in civil/structural engineering discipline is required. A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience with steel and/or seismic analysis and engineering requirements is required;
- Previous experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) / SAP is required;
- Previous experience in an engineering capacity in racking systems is considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of Alberta and British Columbia Building Codes and Workers Compensation Acts requirements;
- Stay current with applicable legislation and policies that effect day to day work including but not limited to Workers Compensation Acts, Alberta and British Columbia building codes;
- Licensing and registration maintained by provincial associations (Alberta and British Columbia) of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) – civil or structural;
- Provide and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid class “5” Driver’s Licence; and
- Reliable vehicle for work related travel.