Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Planning, Assessment & Research Section Head
This position is also posted as a STO under REQ 56362.
Reporting to an excluded manager at the Business Leadership level, the Licensed Section Head is accountable for the supervision of staff at the professional or specialist level. This position manages staff and financial resources, ensures achievement of and evaluates the outcomes of program goals and applies legislation, policies, and professional standards. The Section Head leads projects and strategic initiatives to address large-scale and controversial issues within its geographic area.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans, and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent.
- Registered or immediately eligible* for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area (e.g., Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Engineers and Geoscientists BC).
- *NOTE: Immediately eligible means you are currently a fully licensed registered professional member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP, the BCIA or Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Experience in negotiating and mediating solutions with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Experience collaborating with First Nations.
- Experience with planning, assessment, or research as an input to regulatory management in natural resource management.
- Experience in regulatory management in the applicable natural resource field.
- Experience managing technical and/or professional staff in resource management or infrastructure development.
- Experience supervising, leading, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have experience conducting or supervising research.
For more information and to apply online by December 25 , 2018, please go to: bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56361