Kadant Carmanah Design is recognized as a world leader in the design and manufacture of engineered equipment for the wood products industry, and is the largest supplier of Stranders used in the production of Oriented Strand Board and other wood-based composites globally.
Kadant Carmanah Design currently has an opening in its Engineering Department for a Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing projects for Kadant equipment used in the OSB industry, starting at the design phase and through to installation. Projects will vary in size and scope and may include log handling systems, debarkers, and stranders.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Working with the Sales Department to determine equipment specifications, guarantees, and project deliverables.
- Overseeing a small team of engineers and designers to carry out design tasks, generating equipment layouts, and manufacturing drawings.
- Working with the Manufacturing Department to establish schedules for the delivery of manufacturing drawings and ensure that target dates are met.
- Liaising with customers, providing support on technical enquiries, and ensuring technical documentation and engineering drawings are being delivered to meet project deadlines.
- Travel to customer sites for project meetings within North America and overseas.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a role involving design, project management, and customer support functions.
- Registered or eligible for registration as professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of initiative and a proactive approach to handling issues.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D drafting.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in a wood processing industry with experience in equipment design for either the sawmill, plywood, or OSB industries.
- Experience in the following design areas is essential:
- Mechanical design of robust industrial machinery, including detailed manufacturing drawings,
- Design of assemblies incorporating hydraulic and pneumatic components,
- Design of drive assemblies incorporating chain and belt driven components, and
- Basic understanding of electrical design and PLC controls.
We thank you for your interest, however only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.