You want to be part of building a community, an industry, a city. You’re interested in how it all works and why it works. You are collaborative and enthusiastic about developing design solutions to technical challenges, with an appreciation for constructability. You know what it takes to develop a conceptual level design and lead it through to detailed construction drawings.
Binnie is looking for a Design Engineer to join our Development & Infrastructure Division, which provides professional services for municipal infrastructure programs, large multi-family housing projects, recreational facilities, and major commercial and industrial developments. This is a full-time position in our Burnaby Office, located near scenic Deer Lake.
Projects typically include underground infrastructure renewal, drainage improvement and in-stream works, stormwater management and green infrastructure, pump stations and facilities, roadway geometrics and rehabilitation, cycling facilities and pathways, and traffic calming design.
You will lead the design and production process, prepare and review design calculations, and provide technical support to Project Managers and inspection staff though the project delivery life cycle.
You will deliver a variety of civil engineering project designs, and act as the Engineer of Record – signing and sealing drawings, letters, and reports. You will also enjoy working alongside our talented team of Engineers, Project Managers, Designers, and Technologists with support from our team of Senior Engineers who actively coach and mentor our staff to encourage development and progression. This is an excellent opportunity for career growth.
- Leading civil engineering design work, from the conceptual level through to detailed construction drawings;
- Preparing and reviewing design calculations in accordance with current standards;
- Maintaining design files with necessary calculations and documentation;
- Preparing design reports, letters, and technical memorandums;
- Providing input to Project Managers in the preparation of fee proposals;
- Undertaking quality control procedures and monitoring design standards on completed work; and
- Directing staff involved with the design process.
- 4–6 years of local experience in the design of land development and municipal engineering projects;
- Registration as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC, or equivalent;
- Strong communication and time-management skills and ability to work concurrently on several different projects;
- Excellent attention to detail to consistently produce accurate, high-quality work; and
- Confidence to perform design work with minimal supervision.
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. Whether it’s soccer or coffee clubs, hockey pool, lunchtime yoga, Movember or Bowling for Big Brothers, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Let us know why you want to work at Binnie, and why you would be a fit as our next Design Engineer. Submit your application at binnie.com/careers/current-opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.