The Power and Transportation Business Unit is seeking an experienced Protection and Controls Engineer to join Klohn Crippen Berger and to participate in the various hydroelectric, water management and mining projects. This position requires strong electrical and controls design skills and demonstrated experience in applying those skills to the design.
This position offers an excellent opportunity within the company and to become a key member of our electrical and controls design team. You will be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
- Perform electrical and controls design, including:
- engineering calculations,
- control system architecture development,
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming,
- control system (PLC) programming,
- system commissioning,
- cable schedules,
- routing and interconnection designs, etc.
- Prepare detailed electrical and controls drawings including:
- control panel layouts,
- control system loop diagrams,
- controls system block diagrams,
- single line diagrams,
- electrical distribution,
- motor schematics and wiring diagrams,
- equipment layouts,
- raceway layouts, etc.
- Prepare technical specifications and tender packages for equipment including:
- protection panels,
- control panels,
- low voltage electrical equipment, etc.
- Review of technical submissions from vendors and contractors.
- Ensure objectives for project deliverables, budget and schedule are met and client expectations are fulfilled.
- Ensure work is compliant with Klohn Crippen Berger’s Integrated Management System.
- Work with other electrical and controls design personnel working on common design tasks.
- A recognised Professional Engineer, eligibility for registration in British Columbia.
- Minimum eight years progressive experience in protection and control system design for hydro projects.
- Experience working with and programming Control System.
- Understanding of regulatory design codes with particular emphasis on requirements for CSA, IEEE and NEMA standards.
- A good understanding of all phases of project development from concept through design and construction.
- Capable of understanding other engineering disciplines and how they fit together within a multi-discipline project team.
- Proven capabilities to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, the US and the UK. KCB is one of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
Klohn Crippen Berger’s Power and Transportation Business Unit provides multi-discipline engineering services for projects in a variety of market sectors. Our Engineering disciplines include civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, and hydrotechnical engineering, and environmental services.
- Our hydroelectric team performs all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects.
- Our ports and harbours group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally.
- Our structural capabilities design and rehabilitation; seismic analysis and design; and all elements of heavy industrial engineering.
- Our bridge engineering group designs new bridges, bridge rehabilitations, and performs construction engineering.
- Our mining design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including mine tailings for mineral and oil sands mining clients both in Canada and internationally.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1398-P18 at www.klohn.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.