Job ID: 2020-01
Avalon Mechanical is a well-established professional engineering firm that has been operating on Vancouver Island since 1984. We are a dynamic team with growing offices in Victoria and Nanaimo. Collectively, we offer a complement of skilled, knowledgeable staff providing services in all areas of building systems design for both new and existing buildings in a range of industries. Our focus is on affordable energy efficient plumbing, HVAC and fire suppression systems. Over the years we’ve worked on thousands of projects, including commercial developments, government buildings, institutional organizations as well as residential and small tenant improvements.
Avalon Mechanical Consultants currently has an opening for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer in our Nanaimo office. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of five years of experience producing construction documents, plans and calculations for fire suppression, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Prepare calculations, designs, plans, and specifications for fire suppression, plumbing, and HVAC systems;
- Ensure technical accuracy and competency of design details through to construction completion;
- Direct and work with technologist staff to develop working drawings;
- Field reviews to ensure continued compliance with design documents;
- Project management and client liaison;
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited University;
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or eligibility for registration;
- Five years of relevant consulting experience;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Willingness to learn and adopt best practices;
- Seasoned collaborator and an ambitious learner with a positive and pro-active attitude;
- Great team member;
Avalon Mechanical offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Remuneration for this position will be discussed with applicants on an individual basis
Please send your application to [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.