The College of New Caledonia's School of Trades & Technology is recruiting for 3 full-time probationary instructors to teach in its new 2-year Civil Engineering Technology diploma program.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s of Science in the field of civil engineering preferred , but at least a minimum of a civil engineering technologist diploma required;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work-related experience in Canada or the US required;
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are current in the field of civil engineering and who have proven teaching experience;
- Completion of the Provincial Instructor’s Diploma Program (PIDP) or equivalent would be considered an asset;
- Extensive relevant practical civil engineering technology experience is an asset;
- Registration with, or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC or ASTTBC required; and
- Computer literacy with a desire to incorporate electronic learning platforms into overall program curriculum and courses is required for this program.
This position does require travel throughout the region and as such, the successful incumbent will be required to hold a valid BC driver’s licence.
You will promote a positive work atmosphere and communicate in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues. You will be part of a team actively engaged in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of the College of New Caledonia, and in supporting the aspirations and needs of our students and communities.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Hiring criteria shall include professional qualifications, professional experience, teaching experience, college contributions, community awareness, and personal attributes as far as they are applicable to the job classification in question.
For further detail on this opportunity or to apply, visit our website.