Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From its offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin provides EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including mining and metallurgy, oil and gas, environment and water, infrastructure and clean power. In many cases, SNC-Lavalin combines these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capability to provide a complete end-to-end project approach.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance, and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
We are currently hiring a Senior Municipal Design Engineer for our Infrastructure Division in Vancouver, BC.
This is a regular full time position.
Reporting to the Manager, Municipal Engineering, the employee will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Design of civil and municipal infrastructure, including storm and sanitary systems, water distribution systems, storm detention ponds, forcemains, and lift stations.
- Perform hydraulic analysis and modelling of storm and water systems, using stormwater, and water distribution network modelling software.
- Preparation of SWM and utility design reports.
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings.
- Preparation of contract language and special provisions; cost estimates and tender documents for above works.
- Preparation of proposals for civil and municipal works RFP’s.
- University degree in civil engineering from recognized institution.
- Professional engineer, or eligible as professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC or other recognized Canadian professional engineers association.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in municipal engineering.
- Storm and water hydraulic modeling using software such as XPSWM, QHM, WBM, HEC-RAS, SWMHYMO, WaterCad, etc.
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D/Microstation.
- Technical report writing.
- Preliminary and detailed engineering design; contract specifications and special provisions; and tender documents.
- Input to proposals preparations.
Please apply directly to the posting through SNC Lavalin's career page to the posting number# R-016591- Senior Municipal Design Engineer - slihrms.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/CABCVancouver745-Thurlow-St/Municipal-Engineer---Senior_R-016591-1