RJC Engineers (RJC) is a professional services consulting engineering firm. We share our specialized knowledge with our clients, their clients, and the industry at large. With close to 500 engineers, drafters, technologists, and support staff, we serve clients across Canada and internationally. Wholly-owned by our employees, RJC has a culture of giving back to our employees, our communities, and to our profession.
Having been acknowledged as a Top 100 Employer for Young People and one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, RJC is proud to be one of the companies that leads the nation in creating exceptional workplaces. We are always searching to find the best and brightest for our team and offer career opportunities in our offices across Canada. Apply today and see what RJC has to offer.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Start Date: Immediately
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings.
- Preparation of reports and studies.
- Preparation of drawings and specifications for rehabilitation projects.
- Design and analysis to determine effective repair alternatives.
- Work with a Project Engineer within the project team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to its completion.
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines.
- Contract administration/construction review while implementing restoration work, and
- Client liaison.
- Degree in civil or mechanical engineering—preference for those candidates with completed courses in building science, or
- Diploma or certificate from a recognized technological institute having 2 or 3-year programs in architectural, engineering, or construction technology. Preference may be given for those candidates with completed courses in building science or in technology programs that are building science specific, and
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Minimum 2–5 years previous experience in building science, engineering, or construction, and
- Experience in a consulting firm environment.
- Effective and proven leadership skills.
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally.
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly, and have fun at the same time.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available.
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills—both written and verbal
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions, and
- Aptitude for working with existing facilities.
This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please visit us at www.rjc.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants, however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted electronically via our website. Thank you for your cooperation.