RST is looking for a Sales Engineer, Mining for Western Canada to be based in our Maple Ridge, BC office. You will join a team of exceptional sales professionals reporting to our Vice President Canada/US Sales. You will be the first line of contact with our key Mining Sector customers; providing exceptional customer service, sales, and solutions expertise. As a key member of our Sales and Marketing team your activities will increase market penetration, revenue, and profitability. Your efforts will support complex customer projects and create proposals to satisfy their instrumentation needs. You will travel to customer offices and to their field operations to build relationships.
- Focus on developing and maintaining relationships with owners and engineering firms in the mining sector, primarily in Western Canada.
- Travel frequently to mine sites to understand customer challenges and instrument installations.
- Use sales skills and technical knowledge to differentiate RST and offer optimal solutions to the customer.
- Qualify, develop, and maintain a pipeline of projects to meet market sector targets.
- Become technically proficient in RST product offering for the mining market sector to allow for technical customer meetings to occur.
- Consistently use CRM for documenting customer correspondence and follow up activity.
- Coordinate with inside sales for purpose of transfer of information required for customer quotes/orders.
- Degree in mining engineering or diploma in mining technology would be an asset.
- Application experience in the mining market sector is required.
- Instrumentation experience would be an asset.
- Industry/sector contacts would be an asset.
- Marketing and sales experience.
- Clear communications: written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Customer focused and team oriented.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a professional engineer.
40 Years of Innovation—RST Instruments Ltd., has established itself as a world leader in the design, manufacturing, sales, and service of innovative geotechnical, mining, environmental, and structural monitoring equipment. RST’s instruments have been integral components for major international projects that require monitoring and measuring. At the forefront of the engineering instrumentation industry since 1977, RST has always developed innovative products and services through an emphasis on quality and innovation. More than half of all instruments manufactured at RST Instruments are specifically engineered to meet individual project and customer requirements. RST is headquartered in a 5,500 square meter modern facility in Maple Ridge which houses cutting edge mechanical and electronics shops that include the latest CAD, CAM, and CNC manufacturing techniques.
At RST we create innovative solutions to meet the demanding geotechnical and structural instrumentation needs of our worldwide customer base. The ongoing success of our industry leading precision sensor technologies continues to foster a high growth environment that is full of exciting new market opportunities and product needs. If you want to work with top talent in an engaging culture that embraces innovation, leadership, and collaboration while receiving a competitive compensation and benefit package, then RST may just be the career advancement opportunity for you.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected], we look forward to hearing from you! Please visit us at www.rstinstruments.com
Great People - Great Culture - Great Innovation