Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock is best known for our work in the Marine sector; providing critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. We are now expanding our Canadian business into the Aviation sector by providing Aerial Emergency Services to the Province of Manitoba.
Our business relies on our people delivering their best day in and day out. As individuals, we all make a difference to our colleagues, our customers and others who we interact with on a daily basis. Collectively at Babcock, our employees exude the ‘Being Babcock’ principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Always strive to deliver
- Build great relationships based on trust
- Safeguard customers’ reputations
- Never compromise on health and safety
- Challenge ourselves and each other
- Respect people and value their diversity
- Thrive on complexity
- Trust our people to deliver
- Be responsible for occupational Health and Safety of all direct reports under his/her supervision.
- Oversee structure and hull portion of EDWP package of sub-contractors work ensuring all work compliance with QA requirements or deviations raised, monitor progress and provide feedback to line management.
- Prepare and deliver training briefs and mentor personnel in the following main focus areas:
- Structural surveys,
- Structural alignment, and
- Lifting appliances.
- Survey structures and hull systems for structure, paint and other defects and produce or compile survey reports as required.
- Provide technical responses to DAN, DRS, TIR and ENQ and manage technical enquiries, survey and inspection reports between subcontractors and DND.
- Witness RFI, participate in Joint test Groups and witness Test Form Execution.
- Identify and advise on material requirements.
- Interpret DND requirements.
- Prepare Engineering Specifications, Deviations, Waivers, DCN and defects.
- Eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance.
- Eligibility for Technologist AScT or CET designation.
- Excellent written, verbal, electronic reporting and data communication skills.
- Significant practical Hull Systems, structures, welding, and coating systems maintenance experience.
- Experience in drafting Engineering Repair Specifications.
- NACE Paint inspection certification and/or NDT certification an asset.
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our LinkedIn posting or through our website at www.babcockcanada.com.
Babcock Canada internal applicants, please apply directly to the HR Inbox. Note for Babcock Canada internal applicants, please discuss with your manager prior to submitting your application.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
At Babcock, our people are our greatest asset: Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Babcock Canada in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is absolutely committed to their safety and wellbeing.
Employee benefits include but are not limited to:
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families,
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available,
- Company sponsored continuing education,
- Employee recognition and bonus programs,
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues,
- Health and Wellness Program,
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits,
- Employer matching of employee retirement contributions, and
- Paid vacation that increases with years of service.
Babcock Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity.
We welcome your interest in joining the Babcock Canada family.