Open Until Filled
Full-time, Contract (6 Months)
This 6-month contract position will provide general communications support and support to prioritized initiatives.
- Coordinating the Life Member Bylaw consultation, including event management, survey and consultation analysis, webinar development and delivery, and coordinating information updates to members via Innovation, enews, and the website.
- Coordinating consultation on the engineering/geoscience licensee title, including coordinating employer focus groups, feedback and consultation analysis from previous waves of research, and coordinating information updates to members via Innovation, enews, and the website.
- Working with the Professional Practice team to coordinate and manage the publication of professional practice member advisories.
- Supporting communication and outreach for National Engineering and Geoscience Month by coordinating media advisories and stakeholder outreach.
- Supporting the government relations program through assisting with the delivery of Lobby Days, coordinating and delivering a branch/MLA outreach strategy.
This successful candidate will have:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or a diploma in communications, public relations, or another relevant discipline.
- 3–5 years of experience in a communications or related role.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event management, communications strategy, and stakeholder engagement, and
- Experience in consultation and research an asset.
The position will require the person to demonstrate they have:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb planning and organizational skills, and
- Attention to detail.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and 8% of wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at