Executive Administrative Assistant - Operations (2-Year Contract)
May 15, 2019
Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Chief Strategic Officer (CSO), the Executive Administrative Assistant – Operations is responsible for providing general administrative and executive support and assisting in the delivery of strategic objectives.
This is a 2-year contract.
- Manages and maintains calendars and daily activities, manages expenses, prepares, tracks, and files expense reports, and makes travel arrangements for the CSO.
- Prepares confidential correspondence; monitors, responds to, and distributes incoming communication; does research, prepares reports, presentations, documents, and agendas; files and retrieves documents using established document repositories.
- Does statistical analysis including retrieval of data from several databases. Provides data updates for strategic plan KPI’s and administration of related reporting.
- Provides support to the Nominating Committee, Governance Committee, as well as Council Forums and the Strategic Planning Sessions by coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and background materials, taking minutes under the direction of the CSO as well as working with the committee chairs; maintains prospect list for potential nominees; oversees the set-up and tear down of meeting rooms or coordination with external venues. Collects and collates information from committee members to support decision-making. The incumbent organizes, designs appropriate materials, and facilitates the annual orientation sessions for new Committee members.
- Provides general administrative support to the Operations Division, as instructed by the CSO, including supporting committees and member taskforces on an ad-hoc basis, coordinating calendars, assisting with travel and other bookings, and supporting initiatives and divisional projects as required.
- Prepares and distributes formal meeting minutes and action lists, as well as any other correspondence required by the committees. Collates meeting materials for and books appointments with government officials.
- As directed by the CSO, prepare and/or update information on the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Intranet and External Website.
- Assists with venue logistics for Council Forums and Strategic Planning Sessions as needed; ensures presentations are prepared including photocopying, scanning, and bindings of materials and other documents required; handles other administrative and clerical duties as required.
- Minimum 2–5 years of relevant experience in an administrative/executive support role.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Professionalism, diplomacy, and top notch organizational skills.
- Clear understanding of confidentiality and ability to use discretion.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program is preferred.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and 8% of wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at