Human Resources Coordinator
Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for supporting, coordinating and/or administering a variety of human resources staff and volunteer programs. The role supports the core day-to-day operations of the human resource function and contributes to organizational initiatives.
As the Human Resources Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting end to end full cycle recruitment and selection.
- Maintaining, delivering and/or coordinating the onboarding process of new hires and volunteers.
- Supporting and administering day-to-day core HR operations.
- Administering the Volunteer Management Program including recruitment administration, volunteer database entry, and records maintenance.
- Organizing and coordinating the Volunteer Recognition Program.
- Tracking and reporting on HR metrics including but not limited to time-off, recruitment, diversity, length of service, turnover, training, and onboarding.
- Administering and coordinating the employee time-off management system, maintaining employee data and policies, and reporting on attendance and leave related metrics.
- Researching, organizing, and coordinating lunch and learns and other employee training.
- Reporting on employee development plan metrics including completed training and development as well as administering the related process.
- Supporting the social committee, staff events, holiday and birthday parties, and other team building activities, reporting on social committee budget usage.
- Organizes annual Staff Appreciation Event(s).
- Maintaining employee records and files, and
- Other HR related responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in human resources or a related field.
- The CPHR designation or is actively working towards one, and
- 3–5 years of related human resources experience.
The position will require the successful candidate to demonstrate that he or she has:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and a focus on data integrity.
- Professionalism, tact, and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, and
- The ability to work as part of a team.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and an optional flex day program that offers compressed work weeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at