Legal Administrative Assistant
June 26, 2019
Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Investigation Manager, the Legal Administrative Assistant provides general administrative support to the Legislation, Ethics and Compliance Department with investigation, discipline, and enforcement processes.
- Opening new files, updating the tracking system, and maintaining a “bring forward” system to keep track of ongoing projects and commitments;
- Preparing the first draft of template letters, memoranda, and editing PowerPoint presentations;
- Sending out communications from the Director, Staff Lawyer, Investigation Manager, and team;
- Coordinating availability of volunteers and lawyers and scheduling teleconferences and meetings;
- Preparing electronic document packages for external experts and committees;
- Booking internal and external venues for hearings, booking court reporters, ordering catering, and setting up and taking down meeting rooms used by the Investigation and Discipline Committees;
- Managing invoices for approval and payment; and
- Managing the online corporate name approval process and working with the staff lawyer and the IT Department to address any unique inquiries or cases.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1–3 years of experience working in a law firm, legal department or professional regulatory body, or 2–5 years of experience working as an administrative assistant;
- 1–3 years of experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently and reliably, exercising good judgment, and keeping confidentiality;
- Good written communication skills; and
- A legal administrative certificate or diploma is preferred but not required.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program, including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a Flex Day Program that offers compressed workweeks that result in paid days off for the extra time worked.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and résumé in one PDF document to Human Resources at [email protected]. If you have a legal administrative certificate or diploma please send your grades from the certificate or diploma program.