Paralegal, Regulatory Affairs
Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Director, Legislation, Ethics and Compliance (LEC), and working closely with others within the LEC Department, the Paralegal, Regulatory Affairs uses his or her writing, analytical, and research skills to provide the Director, LEC, the Staff Lawyer, Regulatory Affairs, and the Investigation Manager with a broad range of legal and administrative support, while also supporting the overall mandate of the department to investigate complaints and prohibit unauthorized practice and misuse of titles.
The duties of this position will include:
- Supporting the management of files related to unauthorized practice and misuse of title.
- Supporting the investigation process through document review, preparing summaries of complaint files and chronologies of facts, and managing communications.
- Assisting the department lawyers with research into policy, privacy, and governance issues.
- Gathering information and data from various sources including other regulatory bodies.
- Assisting the department lawyers prepare memoranda, presentations, and reports to the governing Council, and
- Additional tasks that arise in support of the departmental goals.
The Paralegal, Regulatory Affairs position requires:
- A paralegal diploma/degree, or significant equivalent work experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience working in a professional regulatory body or a legal environment.
- Experience or training in litigation or administrative law.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of factual content into summary form.
- Ability to handle and effectively prioritize a volume of work, and
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to take initiative.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and an optional flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at