Professional Development Coordinator
February 11, 2019
Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Manager, Programs and Professional Development, the Professional Development Coordinator will participate in the coordination, planning, marketing, and delivery of Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s Professional Development program and initiatives. The successful candidate will thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment. This position requires the ability to multi-task, prioritize activities, and work under minimal supervision. Attention to detail, organizational and public speaking skills are key, along with the ability to provide excellent customer service.
This is a 1-year contract role.
- Conducting research and monitoring member needs to evaluate opportunities for high quality, topical professional development seminars, webcasts, and online learning offerings; working with subject matter experts to coordinate suitable offerings for professional members.
- Negotiating, contracting, and facilitating professional development events such as sourcing speakers, venues, AV, and other vendors.
- Developing professional development event budgets, partnership agreements, and contracts.
- Providing communication of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) policy, programs, and objectives; responding to member and public inquiries through in-person, phone, and email correspondence.
- Performing administrative duties such as processing registrations, fees, and preparing seminar material for attendees.
- Facilitating special events.
- Providing on-going professional development services to Engineers and Geoscientists BC members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a bachelor degree in adult education, marketing, business, communication, engineering, or applied science.
- 3–5 years of relevant experience in a similar role or organization.
The position will require the successful candidate to demonstrate that he or she has:
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- High comfort level with public speaking.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to facilitate communication and independently source and create professional development opportunities.
- Proficiency in MS Office, and knowledge of website applications, social media, and email marketing platforms.
- A valid BC driver’s licence, access to a vehicle, and is willing to travel to offsite events within the lower mainland.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and 8% of wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at