Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, this position oversees the publications and circulation of Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s bi-monthly print and digital magazine, monthly enewsletter and other publications as required.
As the Publications Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Assuming responsibility for production, planning and day-to-day coordination of the association’s bi-monthly journal, Innovation, and monthly enewsletter.
- Writing and editing articles for each issue of Innovation magazine, and each issue of the enewsletter.
- Liaising with printer, designer, ad representatives, and other external agencies and individuals regarding the publication of Innovation magazine and other regular publications, including conducting interviews, coordinating staff submissions, and commissioning freelance writers.
- Responding to member and public inquiries regarding Innovation magazine as a whole or any element or story therein.
- Providing support to the Editorial Advisory Committee, including organizing meetings, facilitating committee activities, taking minutes, and other administrative tasks.
- Managing production for (including coordination of Association staff and volunteer input, printer, production house, and other external agency roles) other association publications, such as the annual report as they arise.
- Providing advice, editing, copy editing, proofing, and support to other association departments regarding other printing/publication requirements.
- Participating in activities to support the association’s communication programs and strategic communications goals, such as member engagement, public outreach, career awareness, annual conference, member induction ceremony and other events.
- A degree or diploma in journalism/communications. Equivalent training by virtue of experience may be considered.
- Experience planning and managing editorial and print production/design is required.
- 7 or more years editing experience.
- Strong editing, writing, copy editing, proof reading, and research skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of CP style.
- Experience managing budgets and contract services are an asset.
- Technical knowledge of engineering and geoscience is an asset but not required, and
- Certification with Editors Canada (an asset).
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at