Executive Assistant to CFAO & CRO
October 30, 2019
Open Until Filled
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial and Administration Officer (CFAO) and Chief Regulatory Officer and Deputy Registrar (CRO) is responsible for providing a senior level of administrative and executive support and assisting in the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Providing confidential and personal executive support to the CFAO and CRO including managing and maintaining calendars and daily activities, managing expenses, preparing, tracking and filing expense reports, and making travel arrangements;
- Preparing confidential correspondence, reports, presentations, documents, and agendas;
- Providing support to the Audit Committee, Building & Space Planning Taskforce, Engineers and Geoscientists BC/ASTTBC Joint Board, and other Committees by coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and background materials, taking minutes under the direction of the CFAO, CRO, and committee chairs, and overseeing the set-up and tear down of meeting rooms;
- Organizing, designing appropriate materials and facilitating annual orientation sessions for new Committee/Joint Board Members;
- Preparing and/or updating information on the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Intranet and External Website;
- Providing workload support for the Executive Assistant to Council and the CEO; understudying the Executive Assistant to Council and the CEO and on short notice, providing vacation and absence coverage;
- Assisting with venue logistics for Council meetings as needed; ensuring presentations are prepared including photocopying, scanning, and bindings of materials and other documents required; handling other administrative and clerical duties as required; and
- Representing the Executive Office on the Document Management Group; working with Directors, IS, CEO, CSO, CFAO, and CRO to ensure that the Executive Groups files are compliant to Document Management Policies; building out the file management tree and retention period for this group.
- Minimum 5–7 years of related experience supporting executives and senior leadership;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and processes;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Professionalism, diplomacy and top notch organizational skills;
- Clear understanding of confidentiality and ability to use discretion;
- Ability to work without supervision;
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills; and
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program is preferred.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at