Project Manager, Regulation of Firms
November 12, 2019
Open Until Filled
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is launching a Regulation of Firms program where organizations employing engineering and/or geoscience professionals, in their professional capacity, will be required to register with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and meet specific minimum criteria in the categories of ethics, quality management, and continuous professional development.
Under the direction of the Manager, Organizational Quality Management, and the Director of Professional Practice, Standards and Development, this role will be responsible for the development of a project charter, a comprehensive project management plan, and the development of the resource materials needed to support the Regulation of Firms program as stipulated in the Professional Governance Act and Regulations.
This is a 1-year contract.
- Developing the project charter and implementation strategy, detailed implementation plan, and critical path analysis for regulation of firms, including application process and support infrastructure (IS, resources, etc.), liaising with other departments to facilitate timing and coordination of activities, and resource planning.
- In a coordinated effort with department staff, preparing draft materials for regulation of firms including guidance documentation, training and workshop materials, presentations, and templates.
- Coordinating the development of standard operating procedures on an as needed basis.
- Solicitating feedback from stakeholders and providing regular status updates.
- Conduct internal and external project meetings including scheduling, taking minutes, and ensuring follow-up actions are included in the project management plan.
- Preparing reports and necessary documentation within an organized document management system.
The successful candidate will have:
- A university degree in a related field and PMP or similar certification;
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in an engineering/geoscience organization in the private or public sector;
- Familiarity with the Engineers and Geoscientists Quality Management Program is desirable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills; and
- Proven planning and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and 8% of wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits, and a Flex Day Program that offers compressed workweeks that result in paid days off for the extra time worked.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at