Registration Coordinator - EIT/GIT Applications and Examinations
March 6, 2020
Open Until Filled
The Registration Coordinator – EIT/GIT Applications and Examinations is responsible for supporting evaluation programs and advising clients on policies and procedures. This individual will provide support to the Member-in-Training Program by participating in the enrollment process and communicating with candidates. Additional duties will involve support to the examinations program as well as partaking in departmental functions related to the registration process for engineering and geoscience applicants.
This is a 1-year contract.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the processing of applications for engineer-in-training and geoscientist-in-training enrollment including reviewing qualifications and academic documentation and communicating with applicants providing advice pre and post-enrollment;
- Assisting in the academic and experience review process for professional geoscientist licensure including sorting and scanning applications, forwarding applications to the Geoscience Experience Review Panel, and communicating with panel members;
- Providing support to the academic examination program including communicating with candidates, providing administrative support and participating in the invigilation of examination sessions
- Participating in shared department functions including advising applicants on policies and procedures, preparing interview setup, mail/document scanning, and generating certificates;
- Managing committee files, preparing and sending correspondence related to decisions; and
- Providing departmental coverage in areas as needed.
- Minimum 2–5 years of related experience;
- A related diploma is required; a related bachelor’s degree would be preferred;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Demonstration of analytical and problem-solving skills, exceptional customer-service skills, and a focus on results;
- Exceptional organizational skills, including managing multiple competing priorities and adapting quickly to emerging priorities; and
- Proficiency in core office programs, QlikSense, and customer relationship management systems.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. Engineers and Geoscientists BC offers contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits, and a Flex Day Program that offers compressed work weeks that result in paid days off for the extra time worked.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at