July 11, 2019
Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Director, Legislation, Ethics and Compliance (LEC) and working closely with others within the LEC Department, the Regulatory Officer uses their writing, analytical, and research skills to broadly advance the requirements of the department. The Regulatory Officer supports the Director and provides assistance on numerous unique departmental projects and files.
- Assisting the Director, LEC, with conducting research, writing reports, creating policy and procedures, assisting on governance issues, and departmental administrative tasks;
- Supporting the Staff Lawyer, Regulatory Affairs, on the management of contentious enforcement files related to unauthorized practice and misuse of title and assisting on privacy issues;
- Supporting the Investigation & Discipline Manager on complex investigation files through document review, preparing summaries of complaint files and chronologies of facts, and managing communications;
- Gathering information and data from various sources including other regulatory bodies; and
- Assisting the LEC team in preparing memoranda, presentations, and reports to the governing Council, the Chief Regulatory Officer and others.
The successful candidate will have:
- A university degree;
- Minimum 3–5 years of experience working in a law firm, legal department, professional regulatory body, or a similar organization;
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of factual content into summary form;
- Ability to handle and effectively prioritize a high volume of work;
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to take initiative; and
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program, including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a Flex Day Program that offers compressed workweeks that result in paid days off for the extra time worked.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at