Senior Developer Analyst
February 26, 2020
Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Application Development, this role is responsible and accountable for hands-on development, assisting with the definition of project scope, benefits, and objectives, overviewing technical direction for development activities associated with a project, managing the timeline for a project, ensuring that projects align with the larger future vision, providing detailed analysis for reporting, and ensuring that IS solutions are complete and exhibit no operational issues.
- Designing, developing, and testing code, data models, GUIs and BI systems needed to implement business solutions; performing unit, system, and integration testing, assisting with end user testing;
- Ensuring data can be accessed efficiently and in a secure fashion;
- Working with business stakeholders to review, analyze, and evaluate business processes, systems, and user needs;
- Providing effort-based estimates for enhancements; creating work package plans for self that list tasks and their estimated effort to deliver project goals and reporting to manager weekly on own project plans and other developer’ plans related to same projects;
- Providing technical direction, review, and coaching of intermediate and junior developers assisting business partners in the transformation of data into knowledge by providing assistance with reports; and
- Participating in the support and problem resolution of existing systems; assisting in the administration of infrastructure, resolution of partner issues, and the deployment of services to end users.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science;
- Minimum 5–7 years of relevant experience including:
- Experience in a development role delivering enterprise level solutions;
- Designing, coding, testing, and deploying technical solutions implemented in .NET;
- Working with business partners to change business processes and technology; and
- Defining and working with data models.
The position will require the successful candidate to demonstrate that he or she has:
- The ability to lead technical developers on a project where incremental agile delivery is required;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- The ability to be accountable and work with minimal supervision on an array of enterprise technology platforms; and
- The ability to work and interact in a professional office environment.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at