Senior Financial Analyst
December 2, 2019
Open Until Filled
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for leading the financial planning and analysis functions of Engineers and Geoscientists BC, its charities, and associated entities. Assists in the development of financial policies, identifies opportunities for improvements, and development of better tools and processes to support the association’s finance and planning functions.
Core functions of the role include:
- Leads the development of all financial plans, budgets, forecasts, and projections; provides scenario analysis of operating budgets; designs, updates, and maintains budgeting schedules and templates.
- Assembles budgeting and forecasting reports for the Management Team, Executives, and Council presentations; prepares data including variance reports comparing actuals to budgets and forecasts and year-over-year activities.
- Prepares financial models and reporting to assist and support in management decisions.
- Supports the design, adoption, and enhancement of the planning and budgeting process and system, including improvements to data governance and automation.
- Prepares and attends monthly financial reviews meetings with leadership team to analyze results compared to budget and forecast and historical results.
- Develops and maintain actionable management reporting, performs recurring and ad-hoc analysis, provides insights into performance, variances, drivers, and key trends to support organizational performance, leadership goals, and key initiatives.
- Assists in the design and implementation of new policies, processes, and reporting requirements.
- Serves as team lead for financial planning and analysis practices and policy inquiries.
- Assists in leading process documentation and management within the finance team.
- Acts as backup to the Senior Accountant role.
- CPA designation is required;
- 5–7 years of experience with complex budgeting and forecasting processes;
- 5–7 years of experience in financial software implementation and data migration;
- Experience leading and sharing knowledge with junior team members;
- Strong information technology experience, including MS Excel (e.g., Pivot Tables, Lookups, Macros)
- Strong grasp of accounting principles – minimum 5 years of post-designation experience;
- Strong understanding of internal controls, risk management, process improvements for efficiencies;
- Strong expertise in financial modelling and analysis;
- A team player who enjoys a collaborative, professional, and respectful work environment;
- A solid communicator who thrives in an environment focused on continuous improvement and high quality output; and
- Experience working in a non-profit organization would be nice to have.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 registrants, licensees, trainees, and student members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefit program, including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and an optional flex day program that offers compressed work weeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at