The 2019/2020 Council election vote is now available via electronic ballot. Once you have completed your review of candidate statements, the online voting process should take less than 5 minutes. To access the ballot, you will use the same login credentials used to access the Engineers and Geoscientists BC website. Have your User ID (found on your email invitation) and password ready before you proceed to the Go to Voting Site login found on this page.
Similar to banking or airline websites, if you are logged in and inactive on the ballot page for 30 minutes your session will be logged out automatically.
Please note the following:
- The submission of both a paper ballot and an online ballot will invalidate all ballots received from that member.
- The online voting system will only allow you to vote once.
- Candidate statements will not be available within the voting system. Please be sure you have your selections ready prior to entering the voting system. To view information on the candidates, visit the main Council Election page.
- Voting will close at 12 PM PDT on October 4, 2019.
- Check the "I agree" checkbox and press the "Go to Voting Site" button.
- On the login page that appears enter your 6-digit User ID, and your password (these are the same credentials used to login to the egbc.ca website. The User ID will be on the invitation email you receive).
- Once authorized, you are taken to the secure third party ballot system where you can make your selections for President, Vice President, and Councillors.
- Click the "Review Selections" button to review your choices.
- From the bottom of the Review page you have two choices, to either "Change" or "Submit Ballot".
- Click the "Change" button to return to previous screen to alter your selections.
- Click the "Submit Ballot" button to cast and complete your vote
By checking the box and clicking the Go to Voting Site button below you agree to the terms and instructions outlined above and will be directed to the online login page. Once authorized, you are taken to the secure third-party ballot system where you may cast your votes for President, Vice President, and Councillors. Once you have selected "Submit Ballot" and see a success message your vote is complete, and you will be unable to login to vote again. If for any reason you do not press "Submit Ballot" then your vote will be incomplete, and you may re-enter the system up to the election closing time to conclude the process.
Go to Voting Site
The online ballot is being conducted using systems contracted from an independent third party Simply Voting Inc. Based in Montreal and operating since 2003 they are a full-service provider of secure, hosted online elections. Over 2000 organizations from municipalities to universities to unions rely on Simply Voting for safely executing their elections.
- Run under high security TLS 1.2, SSL 256-bit encryption with anti-fraud controls and secure log in for eligible voters.
- Routinely certified for security and integrity purposes by external experts.
- Maintained at the highest standards for integrity and verifiability.
This third-party system protects the anonymity of a vote. Election results will only be made available to the Association after the close of the election. The election process will be scrutinized by three registered members of the association. This year the scrutineers are: Frank Denton, P.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.), Kathie Kompauer, P.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.), and Margaret Li, P.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.).
As an alternative to voting via the online system, paper ballots are available by request. Should you wish to receive a paper ballot, please email your request to [email protected] or by mail to Engineers and Geoscientists BC, #200 - 4010 Regent Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 6N2. You may also call 604.430.8035 to request a ballot. Paper ballots must be received at the association reception by election close at noon PDT, October 4, 2019.