In this course, the participants will:
- Learn how to measure labour productivity.
- Understand how to establish a field bench marking program.
- Know how to resolve the problem of stacking of trades.
- Realize how to manage schedule acceleration and compression.
- Recognize the relationships between absenteeism, turnover and labour productivity.
- Learn how to negotiate loss of labour efficiency.
- Understand how to develop field incentive programs to diminishing job stress on site.
- Recommend best practices for productivity and performance enhancement.
- Learn how to optimize the worksite through proper site layout planning and determination of the optimum material storage capacity based on the type of material.
- Understand other project performance related concepts and techniques, such as Lean Construction and Value Engineering.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for engineering and construction professionals involved in planning, executing and monitoring and controlling projects to help better plan, manage and control productivity and perfomance in medium to large sized projects. Basic understanding of project management knowledge is not required.
Dr. Elbarkouky is an expert in project management and control. He has more than 17 years of practical experience in his field of practice. He managed and controlled a large number of complex projects in Canada, the U.S., Europe, Africa and the Middle East. He has extensive experience of oil and gas, power plants, infrastructure and building construction projects. Dr. Elbarkouky has a Ph.D. in construction engineering and management from the University of Alberta. He is also a Professional Engineer in Alberta and a Project Management Professional (PMP) of the PMI. He is the CEO of a project management training organization that is specialized in teaching professional and academic courses in project management, risk analysis,contract administration, scheduling, cost estimation, and project planning and control in Alberta, Saskatchewan, BC, and NWT.