In this session you will learn:
Join us to learn best practices for paperless controlled document management processes and ensure valuable information isn’t lost as employees leave.
- How technology can be implemented to ensure critical IP isn’t lost when valuable workers leave the workforce.
- How to systematically capture the small tips and tricks that only field workers know and learn when on the job, information that gets lost when an employee leaves.
- The roll of document control in QA & how it can be automated and be fully auditable to ensure quality, conformance, and control before “off-boarding”.
- How structured and unstructured information can be managed through valuable enterprise content management strategies.
- How to align knowledge management with business priorities.
Who Should Attend
Anyone managing engineering or geoscience teams with employees and contractors who will be retiring in the next 10 years, specifically Executives and Managers of Engineering, QA and Operations.
Greg Van Wormer
Director of ECM and Engineering Solutions, VersaFile.com
Greg Van Wormer is the Director of ECM and Engineering Solutions for VersaFile.com. He has spent the last 30 years in engineering and construction as a lead mechanical designer and provider of technology solutions for Owner Operators and EPCM firms. He has extensive experience with McLaren Software, FileNet, AutoDesk, MicroStation, 3D Plant Design, SAP, Maximo, and the variety of other engineering design and construction applications used to operate and maintain plants and facilities. He has not only been involved in the selection process, but in the implementation, migration, integration, and training of each solution. His experience spans many industries including highly regulated industries like Oil, Gas, Pharma and Utilities, Pulp and Paper, and Building Products.
Recently, Greg has worked with engineering groups in the management of data and documents across the complete project and operational lifecycle. This involves moving entire engineering and operations departments from paper and basic electronic formats to managing all engineering processes and content electronically. Security and compliance are essential while maintaining ease of use for users. These components become even more critical when providing for remote workers, outside contractors, vendors, and construction groups, which is an area in which he excels.