Who is eligible to attend?
Applicants, members-in-training, professional members or non-members who have a Canadian or international educational background in engineering or geoscience and are either unemployed or under-employed.
This event would aim to provide attendees access to the following resources/skills:
Please note that this event is not a career fair as its primary intent is not to provide individuals direct employment, but instead provide them access to resources needed to gain employment.
- Resume/cover letter advice
- Networking tips
- Interviews best practices
- Graduate/educational programs available to them
- Tools to identifying suitable jobs/opportunities
- Career planning tools
- Registering as a member with APEGBC
- Specific resources available to internationally trained professionals
- General Canadian employment information (Industry information, processes, legal requirements to work in Canada)
- Other APEGBC Resources (self-assessment tool)