Learn the five key principles of coaching that will help you lead better – by creating buy-in and having conversations that lead to inspired action.
Who should attend
Anyone who is in a position of influencing the thinking and development of another – in other words – leaders, managers, supervisors, and staff level employees.
Why you should attend:
Other participants have said they found this session to be highly interactive – fast paced and engaging. You will walk away with a new understanding of the ‘coach approach’ for higher quality conversations and will be able to put it into use immediately. There are two live coaching demonstrations in this action packed learning session.
At the end of this course attendees will learn to:
- Use the core principles of coaching to engage in more powerful conversations to create more accountability and engagement with staff/bosses/clients.
- Ask learning questions to help others solve their own problems understand a simple, powerful coaching model which will help them develop stronger foundations for collaborative relationships address conflict more confidently.
- Neuroscience of coaching – what the latest research reveals about why coaching is so powerful and how to use it
- Intro to Coaching – What it is? What it isn’t? How it applies to us.
- Live Coaching Demo
- Five Keys for Coach’s: Language, Listening, Power questions
- Exercise – listening and asking questions
- BRIEF introduction to Transformational Coaching Model
- Live Demo – Problem Solving Coaching and a chance to try
Lesley-Ann Marriott, CEC, PCC, - Marriott Management
A former Executive in the food industry, Lesley-Ann has over 25 years of leadership and management experience. She has facilitated 100’s of corporate partnerships at the most senior levels of the world’s largest food companies – Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, and Nestles. Contracts in excess of $50 million and managing sales of over $2.5 billion were negotiated based on dynamic, collaborative partnerships. Lesley-Ann is Associate Faculty at Royal Roads University, for the graduate level Executive Coaching program and a faculty member of the CPABC (accounting association) Executive Programs. She is the principal of Marriott Management Group – a consortium of expert coaches and leaders