The presentation will include:
- The Canadian LNG Industry
- A look at the potential for LNG in Canada
- Challenges of the new fuel industry
- A case study of pilot projects
- Ongoing training requirements and challenges
- Regulations and development
Calum McClure, P.Eng., Chartered Naval Architect (RINA), MBA
Calum McClure has worked in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipping industry for over fifteen years. He is currently CEO of Cryopeak, a company specializing in the small scale LNG industry in North America.
Prior to founding Cryopeak, Calum has spent over fifteen years in the oil and gas industry while involved in LNG projects. Calum served in a number of Senior Management positions covering both vessel operations and projects, including Vice President, Innovation and Technology, and Vice President, Teekay Marine Services. In these roles Calum worked internationally with LNG shipping operations, and LNG vessel construction projects.
Calum is a professional naval architect, with a degree in naval architecture from Newcastle in the United Kingdom, as well as a Master's of Business and Administration from the University of British Columbia.
- If you are not a member of APEGBC, you can register online by quickly creating a 'non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please do not drink and drive.
- Drop-in registrations at the door are available space permitting.
- In order for us to best predict our catering needs, please register online by November, 17, 2016. Thank you!
- Photograpy Disclaimer: APEGBC will take photographs at this event and may use those in APEGBC news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including the APEGBC website. By attending this event, you grant APEGBC the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.