Embrace the Leader's Mindset: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- The link between leadership and communication.
- Moving from information to inspirational communication.
- The importance of being audience-centered.
Workshop: Participants will identify an upcoming communication opportunity where they wish to inspire action.
Prepare With the Leader's Script: 10:15 AM – 12:00 PM
- Articulate a core message that reflects your leadership thinking.
- Support your message with a focused and persuasive structure.
- Close with a decisive and compelling call to action.
Workshop: Working with the instructor, participants will develop a script for the upcoming communication they identified in Part I.
Use the Language Of Leadership: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Why language can get in the way of inspirational communication.
- Avoid jargon and buzzwords that can confuse your audience.
- Approach your choice of words with the intent of making your expertise accessible.
Workshop: Working in pairs, participants will work to strengthen the language in their scripts. They will receive additional support from the instructor.
Strengthen Your Leader's Presence: 2:15 PM – 4:15 PM
- An introduction to techniques that enable you to project leadership through eye contact pace, expression and body language.
Workshop: Participants will work through a series of exercises to build their leadership presence.
Conclusion: 4:15 PM – 4:30 PM
- Introduction to Business lnfluence™.
The Humphrey Group
Demetrios is an associate for our firm. He helps leaders strengthen their communication through group courses and private one-on-one coaching. Demetrios has coached executives in the agricultural, energy and medical sectors and has helped them move toward an inspirational style of communication. For Demetrios, the most important part of his work is helping his clients find practical solutions to real problems.
As an expert in the area of dispute resolution, Demetrios has worked with a wide range of senior business to leaders, to help them communicate in challenging situations and navigate emotional realities. He has worked in preparing witnesses for arbitration, as well as regulatory hearings and helps his clients master the art of answering questions. Demetrios loves to teach and his clients have consistently commented on his poise and calm demeanor.
Demetrios received his BA in International Relations from the University of Calgary and received his MA in Conflict Studies. Demetrios also holds a PhD in Political Science, specializing in conflict resolution. He is also an accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.