A good command of the English language. Previous experience in writing proposals or reports is not required.
In this seminar, you will:
- Learn about different types of proposals and reports, and what you need to do during the planning, drafting, and reviewing stages.
- Learn how to write clearly and concisely.
- Ensure that your proposal stands out and articulates your company's key competitive advantages.
- Learn to create reports for senior management and executive leaders, and other specific audience groups.
- Avoid common mistakes for proposals and reports.
- Understand what clients are looking for when they are evaluating proposals.
- Participate in hands-on workshops.
Engineers and geoscientists who either currently, or will, in the future, need to respond to Request for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications, and other related proposal requests from their clients. This session is also for employees who will need to put together reports that are geared for senior management and executives.
Eric Tung, MA
Principal Consultant, Prolepsis Consulting
Eric Tung has a Master of Arts in English from the University of British Columbia (UBC). He is an English Instructor at the UBC Writing Centre, where he teaches academic, professional, and business writing courses. Some of the courses he teaches include Report and Business Writing, Writing Proposals, and Writing for Engineers in the Workplace. He is also an Instructor at Simon Fraser University, where he teaches Business Communications at the Beedie School of Business.
As a Principal Consultant at Prolepsis Consulting, Eric designs and delivers customized business, proposal, and technical writing workshops to various organizations, including engineering and consulting firms. He advises firms on their communications strategy, and writes proposals and business plans for his clients.
Eric is also a Business Transformation and Change Management Consultant, specializing in change management strategy and implementation, stakeholder engagement, organizational readiness assessments, leadership coaching, facilitation, instructional design, training, and technical and business communications.