- Provincial Standards and Regulatory Controls for the Design and Construction of Rock Protection.
- Rock Protection Design for Stream Channels.
- Construction Monitoring and Construction Quality Inspection.
- Failures, Repair, and Routine Inspection.
- Special Topics: Grouted Rock Protection, Unique Applications (energy dissipators, splash pads, etc.)
Des Goold, P.Eng.
Principal, Northwest Hydraulic Consultants Ltd.
Des Goold has 19 years of design and project management experience in river engineering and specializes in the hydraulic design of bridge, culvert, and pipeline crossings. He has a strong technical background in hydrologic analysis, numerical modelling, river behaviour and morphology, and the hydraulic design of erosion and scour countermeasures for stream crossings and stream embankments.