While the technology allows people today to express themselves in ways that were not possible in the past, there is still a shortage of teaching offerings on how to use and control our body language, our voices, or how to build rapport by enhancing critical soft skills. This session will help you discover how insights from Neuro Linguistic ProgrammingTM (NLPTM) can give you a lifelong competitive advantage to better navigate the intricacies of communicating effectively and will support your adaptability in an ever-changing business and social landscape.
Considering the deep structure and surface structure of communications, this conduit helps you establish well-formed goals and patterns of self-expression that will serve you equally well at work and at home.
Topics covered will include the following:
- Challenges and Communication Cycles ModelTM.
- Understand human perception drivers.
- How to use your voice to influence.
- How to build rapport with others.
- How semantics can influence the communication outcomes.
- How to move people to decision making states of mind.
- Examples of how to ask relevant questions.
- Examples of how to embed commands in your speech.
- Explain the elements of the communication process (internalized and externalized), inclusive of the perception of the environment where communication happens and how environment and beliefs can influence communication.
- Explaining the externalized processes that contribute to communication: human perception, eye-accessing cues, voice control and achieving synchronicity by establishing rapport with the conversation partner.
- Explaining some of the internalized processes that contribute to successful communication and teaching formulas that can be used to move conversation partners into decision-making states by asking relevant questions and embedding commands in regular speech.
- Learn Communication Cycles Model TheoryTM:
- Learn about achieving control of external communication tools: body language, voice and how to build rapport with clients.
- Learn how to easily communicate with Clients by applying simple formulas of how to ask relevant questions and embed commands.
Improving Client Communication with NLPTM combines practical learning with personal feedback.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice the newly-learned skills during exercises. They will receive group feedback and coaching during the program.
Unique Features of the Course
As professionals, we face today with an overwhelming amount of information and high-demanding tasks that we need to process and respond appropriately. Neuro Linguistic ProgrammingTM techniques are renowned to offer the most effective tools for change, motivation, and self-improvement in any area of life, yet, the business world has not benefitted from them directly.
Focused on business environment, this course is offering the unique opportunity to get familiar with the NLPTM techniques that enable communication control by establishing rapport with others and motivating them to make best decisions.
The seminar is designed for engineering professionals and associates who are motivated to master communication skills and influence decision-making processes in conversation partners.
Diana Ionescu, P.Eng.
Founder and CEO, Gateway Latitude Inc.
Diana is a licensed professional engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Alberta and is currently operating her own independent practice for more than half of a decade as consultant in the field of business processes optimization and re-engineering, change and operational management, and engineering management.
Following a progressive career in engineering and project management that spanned over 20 years her roles have addressed the needs of consulting engineering, business consulting, and professional development training industries.
Diana’s multidisciplinary training as a mechanical engineer, programmer, and communication specialist in Neuro-Linguistic ProgrammingTM interlaced with her passion for engineering design, systems optimization and quality enabled her to recognize the market need for improving communication in the workplace and she added a professional development training division to her consulting practice: Educolis. (www.educolis.org). She developed and delivered for various organizations professional development seminars on Effective Practices in Consulting Engineering, Improving Client Communication with NLPTM, and Workplace Inter+Gender Communication for Professionals.
Diana delivers lively, interactive, and practical sessions that offer valuable insights for engineers and geoscientists seeking to optimize their engineering consulting practices or communicate and connect better with clients, co-workers, colleagues, and others. Her preparation and professionalism makes her a true exemplar of how to build rapport for working productively with others.