The following list summarizes skills that students will be comfortable with after this course.
- Use advanced functions such as:
- Lookup and reference;
- Conditional logic; and
- Conditional summary.
- Add data validation, including using pick lists.
- Remove duplicate data; circle invalid data.
- Create, modify, or remove a hyperlink.
- Work with shared workbooks.
- Add protection to workbooks and worksheets.
- Track changes.
- Use data analysis tools.
- Create and modify PivotTables or PivotCharts.
- Use slicers with PivotTables.
- Create and run Macros.
- Add form controls.
President, Owner, PowerConcepts
Frank grew up in Burnaby, BC, in a Dutch immigrant family. After graduating from Simon Fraser University, he taught high school and volunteered in Hawaii and the Philippines before permanently settling in Kelowna. He founded PowerConcepts in 1998 at the height of the Y2K scare. Since then, Frank has obtained his Microsoft Master Instructor certification and helped thousands of clients to hone their computer skills. In his spare time, he plays rugby with the Kelowna Vicars and enjoys almost every outdoor activity from sailing to hiking.