The following list summarizes skills that students will be comfortable with after this course.
- Understand how outlook is set up and the types of information it can track.
- Create, format, and send messages.
- Create or modify signatures for email.
- Choose customized outlook settings and views.
- Organize and manage messages using quick steps.
- Utilize the powerful search tools in outlook.
- Create rules and out of office notices.
- Use the to-do bar to manage tasks.
- Manage multiple calendars.
- Create and organize tasks, appointments, meetings, and events.
- Create and manage notes, tasks, and journals.
- Utilize options such as voting buttons, flags, or level of importance.
- Create contacts and groups.
President, Owner, PowerConcepts
Frank grew up in Burnaby, BC, in a Dutch immigrant family. After graduating from Simon Fraser University, he taught high school and volunteered in Hawaii and the Philippines before permanently settling in Kelowna. He founded PowerConcepts in 1998 at the height of the Y2K scare. Since then, Frank has obtained his Microsoft Master Instructor certification and helped thousands of clients to hone their computer skills. In his spare time, he plays rugby with the Kelowna Vicars and enjoys almost every outdoor activity from sailing to hiking.