Learn how effective communication can increase your confidence and clarity. Become an effective team member who makes a significant impact in the workplace and maximizes contributions to the organization.
This full day engaging and interactive workshop is designed to provide you with a set of tools and resources to incorporate effective communication skills into your workplace. Participants have an opportunity to practice their new skills and receive specific feedback to enhance their speaking, listening, non-verbal, and email communications within the workplace.
Participants will walk away with six keys to effective communication in the workplace and learn how to:
- Use active listening to understand others and allow for more appropriate and confident responses.
- Identify the four domains of communication and demonstrate assertiveness.
- Use verbal and non-verbal communication skills to practice effective communication.
- Identify proper email etiquette for workplace correspondence.
- Identify and demonstrate how to give effective feedback.
- Use the effective communication tools to navigate through difficult workplace scenarios.
Act by Vidal
Shelley-Anne Vidal is a highly motivated professional who is passionate about communication and teaching. She has over a decade of combined experience as a: Business Professional, Educator, Career Practitioner, Facilitator, and Curriculum Developer.
Shelley earned a BA in Communications with a minor in Sociology and is certified in: the “Provincial Instructor Diploma”, “Train the Trainer,” “Personality Dimensions” and the “Job Finding Club.”
In 2009, Shelley began facilitating interactive and engaging workshops to: Aboriginal communities, International professionals, and post-secondary students. She has delivered workshops on the following topics: communication in the workplace, job search skills, networking, job retention, change management, and self-employment.
Shelley is passionate about utilizing her facilitation skills to empower, inspire, and motivate others to reach their full career potential. In addition to working as a post degree diploma program Instructor in Langara College’s Co-op andCareer Development Centre, she is also the President and Founder of ACT by Vidal. When she is not in the classroom, Shelley enjoys travelling, hiking, and meeting new people.