This event is part of National Engineering and Geoscience Month (NEGM); an annual celebration of engineering and geoscience across Canada. The goal of this event is to promote the awareness of the engineering and geoscience professions, showcase career choices and the many ways in which engineering and geoscience relate to our everyday life.
To register please visit www.nwbcpopsiclebridge.ca or connect with the event organzier Sharon Kyte.
Build a bridge and test it with the bridge breaker at the competition! The contest is available for individuals in Kitimat, Terrace, Prince Rupert, Hazelton, Smithers, Haida Gwaii, and surrounding areas in the categories listed below:
There is no team size limit, but teams must have an adult sponsor. Contestants receive a certificate of participation.
- Category 1: Grades 4 and 5
- Category 2: Grades 6 and 7
- Category 3: Grades 8, 9, and 10
- Category 4: Grades 11 and 12
Door prizes throughout the day, and a grand prize draw at the end. There will also be awards for:
- Strongest Overall Bridge: $500.00 – Trophy of Excellence to winners’ school until next competition; will be engraved with the winners’ team and school name.
- Strongest Bridge (Category 1 to 4): $450.00
- Most Innovative Design: $200.00
Rules and Poster