After this seminar participants will be able to
- Effectively and confidently host clients and guests,
- Make proper introductions of self and others,
- Establish a game plan to prepare for networking events,
- Utilize the conversation cycle, small talk, conversation builders, and graceful exit,
- Nurture and maintain internal/external relationships,
- Initiate proper follow-up steps to take after events, and
- Use personal image as a business tool by dressing strategically for your audience.
Exceptional Onsite Hosting Skills
- Setting clients and visitors at ease using the “host mentality”,
- Understanding and practicing internal client service,
- Recovery techniques for faux pas (yours and others), and
- Understanding the difference between business and social etiquette.
- Basics of self introductions, and
- Nonverbal communication: eye contact, handshakes, and personal space.
- Managing names,
- The hierarchy of introductions,
- Using tag lines to encourage conversation,
- Business card protocol,
- Touring visitors and clients, and
- Style for Success Training Materials Inc.
- Create best practices for email, voice mail, and cell phone usage.
- Mechanics of first impressions,
- Analyzing client or audience expectations, and
- Enhancing credibility.
- Dressing for the situation, and
- Professional casual wear guidelines.
The Art of Mixing and Mingling:
- Game plan and protocol,
- Managing food and drink,
- Overcoming shyness,
- Making meaningful small talk and taking it to big talk, and
- Entering and exiting conversation with finesse.
- Relationship-oriented contact management system,
- Internal networking, and
- Follow-up steps to make networking pay off.
Lively mini lectures, skills practice, group discussions, and PowerPoint visuals.
Business Etiquette and Image, Speakers and Trainers, Style for Success Inc.
Joanne Blake is an internationally known business etiquette and personal branding speaker and trainer, and the owner of Style. She is one of only 170 image consultants world-wide who has earned her CIP designation, Certified Image Professional. Style for Success works with progressive organizations that want to build a positive and consistent brand through their people. Joanne practices what she teaches and is proud to share that her business has thrived exclusively through networking referrals.
Joanne presents across Canada to diverse client groups ranging from corporate to construction—and everything in-between. She has enjoyed presenting to engineering clients and associations such as Engineers and Geoscientists BC, APEGA, and Consulting Engineers of Alberta audiences for over 10 years. Joanne appears frequently on television and radio and has been featured in The Globe and Mail and The New York Times. She has co-authored the book Executive Image Power as well as creating a dining etiquette video training program rated #1 by the Wall Street Journal. Her dining program is being used to develop executive table manners by MBA business schools and corporations across North America. She enjoys mentoring students and lectures at universities and colleges. Her ‘savvy not stuffy’ approach keeps audiences engaged while they learn how to project a confident, professional presence to build stronger client relationships.