- Explore the impact of tough conversations and when and how to have them.
- Learn how to create a communication environment that supports tough conversations.
- Discover the steps involved in successfully navigating through a tough conversation.
- Gain skills and strategies to manage oneself when the stakes are high.
- Develop communication skills that promote understanding and resolution, and
- Explore a process to resolve conflict and find a path forward.
- The nature of tough conversations: What makes them tough and why should we bother with them?
- What to do before you have a tough conversation.
- Understanding the process for engaging in a tough conversation.
- Exploring our personal triggers and reactions.
- Mastering our mindset.
- How to have a tough conversation.
- Moving from conflict to resolution, and
- Communication techniques for tough conversations.
This will be a highly participative workshop where participants will have the opportunity to explore, discuss, and practice the skills in a supportive learning environment.
Leadership and Team Development Consultant, Coach, and Trainer
Claudia Verburgh is passionate about helping her clients build productive, high engagement workplaces. With over 25 years of experience in organizational development and human resources, Claudia works with her clients to maximize the potential of their greatest asset—their people—and to build a roadmap for success in working together. Claudia specializes in the areas of leadership development, managerial and supervisory skills training, and team building, working with leaders and teams to help them gain the insights, skills, and tools they need to be their best.
Claudia is an Independent Certified Trainer, Speaker, and Coach with the John Maxwell Team. She is certified in a many assessment tools including the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step I and Step II, the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360, and four state-of-the-art Korn Ferry leadership assessments including the Assessment of Leadership Potential.