If you said yes to the questions above, improve your skills by attending Value Analysis (VA) in Action, an award-winning course in Canada. This introductory course will give participants an understanding of Value Analysis and Value Engineering, and an appreciation that you don't need to be an engineer to participate in activities related to VA. It’s about stepping away from the current solution or process and ensuring that good value is achieved. Be bolder!
Value Analysis (VA) also known as Value Engineering (VE) and Value Methodology (VM) is a systematic and function-based approach to improving the value of products, projects, or processes. It uses a combination of creative and analytical techniques to identify alternative ways to achieve objectives.
Value Analysis involves a team of people following a structured process. The process helps team members communicate across boundaries, understand different perspectives, innovate, and analyze.
Value Analysis recognizes that good value is achieved when the necessary performance can be accurately defined and delivered at the lowest life-cycle cost. The Value Methodologies result in benefits to both the individual and the organization.
- A systematic approach to solving problems.
- Self-satisfaction from contributing ideas towards solutions and participating in an energetic workshop.
- Improvements in knowledge and abilities through cross-disciplinary expertise sharing, and
- Participation in a transparent process that results in more informative decisions.
- A Return of Investment typically ranging from 20:1 to 100:1.
- Cost savings while achieving required functions.
- Improved understanding of the project and validation of costs.
- Improved stakeholder engagement.
- Objective selection among competing priorities or solutions.
- Definition, understanding, and measurement of the values related to the project, product, process, or service.
- Improvement in corporate culture through enhanced creativity and the introduction of new ideas and approaches.
- Expedited project schedules, and
- Improved quality.
For more information on Value Engineering, please see the links below:
Anyone interested in improving value, quality, or cost of a project, product, service, or organization.
Past President/Director, Value Analysis Canada
Mike is one of the few Certified Value Specialists (CVS) in Canada and currently works for the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario, as Head of Design Standards Section. He currently serves as the Vice President of Conferences for SAVE International. Due to his many student outreach volunteer activities, Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) has made him a member of the Order of Honour, and more recently he has been named a Fellow of Engineers Canada.
Director, Value Analysis Canada
Rakesh currently works for Metrolinx, an agency of the Government of Ontario, as Manager, Civil Infrastructure. Previously, he worked for the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario. Rakesh has served on the Council of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) and currently serves on the board of directors of Engineers Canada.
Both presenters Mike and Rakesh were recognized in 2015 with the most prestigious award in Ontario Public Service: The Amethyst Award, as part of their leading roles in the Value Engineering Coordinator Committee (VECC) of the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario (MTO). They also serve on the board of directors of Value Analysis Canada (formerly Canadian Society of Value Analysis).