Participants will learn how to engage in conflict in healthy, productive, and proactive ways. Participants will be equipped with collaborative skills to move an organization forward and grow.
- Participants will learn the power of engagement and what the organizational impacts are of disengagement.
- Participants will learn how to assess levels of engagement.
- Participants will engage in a diagnosis of emerging team issues and misalignments so they can be proactive involved before they become problems.
- Participants will be knowledgeable about norms for decision-making and conflict, and
- Participants will develop tools for channeling conflict into innovation.
- Defining conflict
- Sources of team misalignments
- Environmental misalignments
- Individual misalignments
- Misalignments checklist
- Taking the team temperature
- Setting norms for decision-making and conflict
- Turning conflict into innovations
- Bringing it back to vision/purpose
Casey A. Miller, President of Six and a Half Consulting, has more than 15 years of business experience including roles of President, VP Business Development, and VP Strategy. He is on a mission: to create thriving workplaces, relationships, and communities based on empathetic leadership. In his business life, this means helping organizations create teams that thrive on healthy conflict, emotional intelligence, and shared purpose.
Casey holds a dual master’s degree in public administration and another in theological studies from Harvard University. Following graduate school, Casey spent many years in Mexico City where he helped found and grow a waste-to-energy company, adaptiveARC. Later, in both San Francisco and Vancouver, he worked with emerging tech-companies as a cultural strategist and business development.
Casey also has significant experience in the non-for-profit sectors, having founded a veterans charity, the Long Road Home Project, which helped veterans transition into civilian life, raise money for direct-service veterans charities, and raise awareness for PTSD. While at ChildFund International, a global NGO that helps some of the world's most vulnerable children, Casey helped create organizational cultural and fundraising strategies that aligned the organization across the 29 countries it serves.
Throughout his experiences in the for profit and not-for-profit sectors, both in Canada, the US, and Mexico, Casey has seen a pattern: that the best of strategies die at the hands of an uninspired workplace. As an expert in leadership development, Casey is charismatic and energetic, lending his clients perspectives on execution, team building, and ultimately, how to create workplaces where employees are intrinsically motivated to come to work.
Hoping to help others lead more purposeful lives, Casey is also the author of Six and a Half: a story about roads, rashes, and redemption, a book written about his experiences on a bike, alone, riding across the United States.